Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Success on the Lower Provo


On Saturday I took James (above) and Steven (below) fishing on the Lower Provo. They are both new to fly fishing, but after just a few minutes both of them had the hang of casting and mending. The river was fishing a little slower than I had expected, but after just a little while both of them started hooking into fish.
I am very excited for James and Steven since they both have intentions of continuing their fly fishing experience. They have all their own gear and, in my opinion, they were wise to book a guided trip as they are learning how to fly fish. This can shave off months and months of trying to figure things out for themselves. I was able to pass along some basic tips and techniques, and at Utah Pro Fly Fishing, who I guide for, we guarantee that people will catch fish or they don't pay a dime. Wise decision by James and Steven, and I'm sure they are now ready to catch fish on their own, no problem.

No comments: