Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Monster Rainbows: End of Finals Celebration

Today was a great day. I have been going to college since the fall of 2001, with a few breaks here and there, and I today I took my very last final. That feels good! I also caught an eight pound rainbow today, and oddly enough, that felt even better! I'm sure it is just a stage of euphoria that goes along with catching huge fish, but it has definitely got ahold of me right now.
My buddy Clarence (pictured below) has been telling me about some private ponds here in Cache County that harbor monster trout. Well, it's true, there are HUGE trout in these ponds!
Clarence, Phil (pictured below), Paul, James, and myself all went out to celebrate the end of the semester. We all caught fish, most on nymphs, some on streamers, and all fish were over 20".
Phil actually caught a bow that was pounds bigger than the one he is holding here. Pictures were taken with a different camera, but I'm sure he will post it on his blog The River Warrior so make sure you check it out.

2 comments:

Derek said...

WHAT THE......>>!!!!!

Bart Caley said...

When are Brad and I going to learn about this sweet spot!?