Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fishing with Andrew


My son Andrew turned two in March, I can't believe how fast he grows! He loves to go to the river with me to throw rocks and look at bugs. Yesterday we decided to venture out and try to catch a fish or two in between the rock chucking and bugs. We took along the fly rod, net, and four flies (my boxes were left at my in-laws house up the road, so thats all we had). After breaking off the first three flies in the first ten minutes we resorted to our last hope, a simple wet fly/streamer made from duck and thread. Neither Andrew or I had ever really fished it much, but we decided to gave it a try. Low and behold, FISH ON! It was actually a nice 16'' brown that scared Andrew to death every time it wiggled in my hands. We had a blast, and neither Andrew nor I can wait to hit the river again and try our luck again with that simple streamer that we now know catches fish.

1 comment:

ptuttle24 said...

That's fun man! Andrew's face in that last picture is priceless...