Monday, July 5, 2010

Middle Provo Green Drakes and Rainbowzilla!

As everyone now knows, judging by all the people on the river, the green drake hatch is hot on the middle Provo. Phil came to town this morning and we met up to fish together. Phil was fishing by eight a.m., but I didn't meet up with him until about ten, and needless to say the parking lots were full! Luckily for us there was so much food in the water that the fish were low on fear and willing to eat every life stage of a green drake.





Phil did really well on top with a Green Drake Epoxyback Emerger from Rainey's, and an extended body adult tied by his friend Joe. At one point I found Phil on the ground grasping his head in unbelief after watching a giant brown slam his dry and then proceed to snap his 5X with with an explosive leap from the water. Phil landed a double, and I caught my largest fish yet on the middle. I caught most of my fish on a Green Chunk (Green Drake Nymph that I tie), and a large Two-toned Surveyor. As the pics show we had a great day, and I can't wait to get out and hit the middle again.


No comments: