Saturday, April 17, 2010

Aaron's First Fish


Saturday was my friend Aaron's first time fly fishing. I decided to take him to the Weber in search of hungry trout. Fishing our first hole, about ten minutes into his fly fishing career he landed his first fish ever- a 15" white fish.

Needless to say, the day followed suit and Aaron continued to catch fish. He ended the day having landed 7 fish including the last fish of the day, a feisty 15" brown.
All of us know exactly what it is like spending time mingling with streamside trees. Aaron actually spent a lot less time tangled and hung up than most beginners.
It was a beautiful day on the river, many nice fish were caught, one more fortunate soul is now hooked on fly fishing, and one more wife will soon be complaining about money and time spent on an addiction. Sorry Brooke, but Aaron is a goner!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Lol! You are funny. I would feel really bad for Brooke, but I know now we have each other so it actually makes it a lot better when you go fishing with Aaron. The time seems to go by a lot faster when I spend your time away with Brooke. I think it is your secret plan to corrupt all husbands into learning the love of fly fishing. Before I know it we are going to have to live way out in the boondocks so you can still occasionally fish all alone. :) Love you Babe!

Derek said...

Man I think my wife would agree! Gilbert, you are going to have a lot of angry or upset wives at you now and in the afterlife!

Gilbert Rowley said...

Derek, I think you are right. Isn't that just part of fishing with friends... upsetting their wives every now and then when you steal them away to chase fish?

Derek said...

True. I still wonder myself why I go chasing for fish. Sure is fun though!!!