Monday, March 29, 2010

Diamond Fork and the Rowley Stone

Last fall I had a lot of success fishing the Rowley Stone on all the rivers I fished that have giant stoneflies. I also caught a lot of fish on size 10 and 12 Rowley Stones imitating drake nymphs on rivers that don't have giant stones. Turns out, it works just as good in the spring.

Diamond Fork is full of a variety of large stoneflies like this salmonfly nymph. Heavy stonefly patterns make the trout go silly!
Pocket water and seams along fast moving (well oxygenated) water are full of stonefly nymphs and trout. We had a great time catching trout from these areas.
We slid down the canyon a few miles to target some larger browns and lucked out once again with the Rowley Stone.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Man that was a good day of fishing until we hit up the spanish fork. I was going to tell you, the other day on the middle, I caught most everything on rowley stone and the other 3rd of the catches on the lavender opa.

ptuttle24 said...

Good stuff.........I'm a believer in the R. Stone as well. Bem feito rapaz!